Competition optimized to land the highest-scoring tricks, the Orbit Pro is engineered lighter with faster steering, more extreme boosting and hang-time. Not for the faint-hearted, the Orbit Pro lets you exploit increased pressure systems at altitude for greater power and delivers hang-time to win the heat. At North, we know committing to overpowered airs and mega-loops in gusty conditions demands unwavering trust in your kite. Our iconic premier 5-strut kite is re-engineered in a refined weight-saving design for incredible top-end control and performance you can rely on.
- Competition-ready sizes 6-11m
- Response competition bridling for faster control
- Light and direct steering impulse options
- Stable 5-strut performance
- Refined HyperFlow strut isolation
- Extreme boosts and megaloops
- Aerodynamic profile transition panels
- Segmented-curve arc design
- Recycled PET kite bag
- Lighter N-Max Dacron Airframe
- N-HTRS High Tenacity Ripstop Canopy
- DuraLite Micro Seam Protectors
- AirLite Lightweight Bladders
- Highest Quality No-Pulley Bridle Lines
- 2m Line Extensions Included
Kite, 2m Line Extensions, Bag, Repair Kit
- Lighter N-Max Airframe: 13% Lighter and 21% less elongation compared to standard Dacron (156gsm). The N-Max ensures the leading edge and struts meet structural stiffness and durability demands without adding unnecessary weight. The material also has a more balanced weave for a crisp, lively feel. Its symmetrical yarn pattern gives the material a lower bias elongation that snaps back to its original shape faster. This provides the kite with a crisp response, more direct steering and more dynamic recovery.
- Refined Weight-Saving Construction: Engineered to feel as light as possible, the Orbit Pro has many weight-saving features for lighter more agile handling. They’ve used lighter N-Max Dacron, stripped back the scuff guards, used the lightest bladders, reduced the HyperFlow hardware and steering impulse attachment points. The canopy is constructed using North High Tenacity Ripstop (N-HTRS) polyester yarn canopy material for lightness, high tear strength and longevity.
- Competition-Ready Core Sizes 6-11m: With the same wide wind range across all sizes.
- Fast Controlled-Response Bridles: For nailing the highest-scoring tricks. The reworked bridles ensure consistent high-performance, especially in the high end. We’ve retained the Orbit’s controlled response and fast steering while giving the kite a more energetic feel with increased depower. Our competition athletes have put the Orbit Pro through hardcore testing in extreme conditions, enabling us to refine the steering behavior and give the kite a more responsive feel. When you’re in inverted rotations, you’ll know where it is.
- Highest Quality No-Pulley Bridle Lines: Their high quality spliced, pre-stretched bridle lines are pre-loaded before cutting to improve accuracy and consistency. This results in reduced shrinkage, reduced elongation and improved longevity. Removing all pulleys from the bridle improves safety and gives the kite direct and precise handling.
- Extreme Boosts and Megaloops: Increased amplitude, faster turning, catch and recovery. The Orbit Pro is super-efficient with great power delivery. It’s also fast and responsive in the steering and flies forward through the sky quickly, so it’s able to get around and catch you, climb up and give you time to prepare for your landing.
- Pro-Point Light and Direct Bar Pressure Options: The Orbit Pro has two steering line attachment points. Closest to the wingtip (-) is the factory setting your kite will be delivered with. Use this setting for light bar pressure and a slightly more direct feel in the steering. Further away from the wingtip (+) gives a medium bar pressure, firmer, more direct steering and shorter depower travel. It’s a Formula 1 feel, requiring a little more force to control the steering.
- 2m Line Extensions Included: For more extreme height. The 2m line extensions create 24m lines when combined with the standard 10m + 12m Navigator Control lines. 24m lines means you can exploit the increased pressure at altitude for greater boosting power.
- Stable 5-strut Performance with Micro-Strut Geometry: When you’re chasing a storm, the Orbit Pro provides incredible top end control. The five-strut design gives it impressive stability and wind range, and you have a lot more control over the canopy movement at low attack angles. Reduced diameter micro struts are engineered as thin as possible while maintaining structural integrity.
- HyperFlow with Refined Strut Isolation Capacity: To reduce the overall kite weight, the Orbit Pro is supplied with a single HyperFly pinch clamp on the centre strut only. This helps to concentrate any weight in the centre of the kite, enabling a balanced load distribution for faster turning and reduced swing weight. Note: HyperFlow Pinch Clamps can be purchased separately and added to the second and third struts if preferred.
- Aerodynamic Profile Transition Panels (PTP): Refined panel cuts reduce the number of seams and ensure a precise lateral profile shape is maintained as close to the leading edge as possible, creating a smooth transition from the segmented leading edge to the curved canopy. The PTP reduce inconsistencies in the profile, resulting in a more efficient kite, with aerodynamic airflow and less turbulence.
- Close S-Arc Segmented Curve Arc Design: They’ve smoothed out the shape of the LE, introducing a segmented curve arc that is slightly narrower in the shoulders and wider in the wingtips. The wingtip has more of an elliptical shape for reduced drag and slightly faster turning speed, while a slightly deeper profile in the centre creates more lift.
- DuraLite Micro Seam Protectors: They’ve reduced the length of the lightweight STPU reinforcement patches that protect the leading edge from chafing and abrasion. Markcloth seam protectors on the canopy also help to protect the stitching.
- Airlite Lightweight Bladders in All Sizes: Lighter weight means a smaller turning radius. Lighter weight means your kite flies faster, sooner, because you need less wind to get the kite up in the sky. The lighter the kite, the faster the steering, the more lift it creates and the higher you jump. Bladders make up a bigger weight percentage than any other material used in a kite, so we’ve selected 17% lighter weight bladder material in all sizes to help the kite feel even lighter and more responsive in all conditions. This additional weight reduction improves the low-end capabilities and helps the kite fly more efficiently. It also improves the overall static balance by reducing weight in the front of the kite.
- Recycled PET Kite Bag: Every North kite bag is made from a durable recycled polyester ripstop fabric. Recycled materials are also used to make their own custom webbing. The bag is generously sized to fit your packed-down kite easily, with corrosion-free zippers, stash pockets and air-vents in the bottom and sides of the bag. North kite bags also have an external Control System pocket, Kite Pump attachment and ergonomic shoulder and chest straps.