The High Aspect 3.0 Is Here
The groundbreaking collaboration between Erik Antonson (the progression project) and Unifoil’s designer and inventor of the high aspect wing, Clifford Coetzer is finally here. This is no ordinary foil, this wing is the result of uncompromising dedication and attention to detail. Erik, and Unifoil’s years of combined knowledge and experience designing and studying foil sections, profiles, outlines and cambers have gone into the design that we are calling the High Aspect 3.0. This wing is set to change the game forever.
- 170 in²
- Span 920mm
- Cord 145mm
- Aspect Ratio 8:1
- Forgiving and intuitive = Easier to ride!
- Lowered Stall Speed = Longer Glide Time
- Agility and Turning = Push it harder than ever before
- Reduced Fatigue and Increased Cardio to Distance Ratio = Connect More Waves, Longer Pump and DW Runs
- Stability in turbulence and breaches = More Control
- No Sacrifice in Cruising Speed = Keeps High Top End
Before embarking on this journey, Erik made one thing clear, he was not willing to compromise on any part of his wing’s performance. Unifoil agreed and unlocked the budget to prototype each size until they were perfect.
Pump, glide, turnability, stability, pitch control, big or small conditions – Erik wanted a wing that could do it all, not just do it well, but be best in class, and he wouldn’t settle for anything less.
“What makes this range unique, is instead of just scaling up and down the size range, each size has been designed and prototyped from the ground up, until the desired feel was achieved for the size of wing.” Erik Antonson
What we have managed to achieve with this wing is the trademark Unifoil smooth buttery feeling, mixed with the glide and pump-ability of a super-efficient high-aspect wing, without sacrificing any turnability.
Predictable in turbulence and wing tip breaching, but without sacrificing any speed. This wing is a true unicorn.
The Progression feels like a true high-performance surf wing when riding in the wave pocket, but has such easy pump and glide that it allows the rider to pump back out easily after a long ride, and do it again, multiple times over.
In fact, the glide and low end is so groundbreaking, it allows the rider more rest time between pumps, which means reduced burnout and improved cardio to distance ratio.
Not to mention, this wing catches any tiny ripple or bump of swell on offer. Riders’ feedback from pro to amateur is they are getting their longest rides ever on this wing. This wing is a game-changer for all disciplines of foiling.
- Prone – Rip the wave to pieces, then pump back out and do it again without burning out.
- Tow – Super tight arcs in the pocket and catch any swell from miles out.
- Wingers – Longer glide time allows for easier turning for jibes before stalling the wing.
- Downwind – Reduced fatigue and the ability for this wing to ride the smallest bump of swell means longer DW runs, and allows for advanced riders, to drop down to smaller foils and still be able to get on foil easily but go faster and turn on the chops harder.
The Progression gives riders a stable platform to build on whether you are a beginner to intermediate rider wanting to figure out your pump, or a pro doing backflips, we have sizes and setups to suit all. Put simply, the Progression wing will take you from where you currently are, and propel your riding level into the stratosphere.