We all have had dreams of flight as we would watch a bird
gliding across a sea breeze. Riding a hydrofoil has a sense of
bringing this sensation of flight close to a reality. That is why we
called the Ride Engine hydrofoil kiteboard the Bird Machine.
We built a board that we would all ride. Not too big getting in
the way and not too small to make things hard. Smart design
with precise rail chines, a bottom shape that breaks surface
tension promoting deflection, a more kicked nose to achieve
early planning and eliminate nose pearling, a kick tail that
allows us to pump efficiently though the lulls all in a strong
• Compact outline shape that planes early and offers nimble
control and connection to the foil.
• Double concave hull contour that that tracks on touch down
and breaks water surface tension for early release and
• Tail kick for pumping clearance.
• Slight deck concave that projects better board feel and
• Lightweight EPS core in a vacuum bag construction process.
• Wood veneer reinforcement lamination of deck and bottom.
• High density foam I-Beam foil box construction.
• Full deck EVA pad with inserts for strap placement.