F-One’s Bandit XVI Kite
- Smooth profile and controlled deformation for incredible efficiency
- Impressive stability no matter the conditions
- Absolute control at all time
- Amazing responsiveness for epic sensations
- Precision flying with an excellent range
- Effortless upwind abilities
- The BANDIT is even more stable in the air, no matter what the wind is doing. From freeride to kite foiling, Big Air or strapless, this kite can do it all and do it amazingly well. Its fantastic control and support allow you to ride at your highest level at any time, as it always translates gusts into forward pull.
- For this 16th edition, the R&D team worked intensively on making the entire profile amazingly sleek and implemented original staggered seams on both the leading and the trailing edge. The seam’s tension line is thus broken, which means the entire profile of the canopy is leveled when the kite is fully powered. We kept the fabric’s orientation towards tension as well.
- On the back of the profile, we have reduced the overtensions thanks to the staggered seams. The two vertical panels have been changed to one, and on sizes 9m² and smaller we developed a new TECHNOFORCE 66 panel. It is stronger and more resistant on elongation to offer a better control of the profile on smaller sizes for higher winds.
- On sizes of 10m² and above, we have kept the TECHNOFORCE 52 to guarantee lightness, as well as the two layers of TECHNOFORCE 52 canopy with staggered seams on the trailing edge.
- This all leads to more efficiency. Overall, this perfectly even canopy profile brings a greater sense of stability without feeling disturbances or the bar moving and leads to incredible performances in the high end.
- The struts’ reinforcements are now super sleek as well thanks to the Kevlar strip on the top. This improves the kite’s steering and maneuverability, reduces the aerodynamic disturbances, and decreases the overall weight of the kite once wet.
- Our original 5 points connections bridle and two pulleys help keep the arc stable even in overpowered conditions.
- The new, CNC-shaped, anodized aluminum low friction “pulleys” are super lightweight and increase the kite’s reactivity. They also raise the bridle’s resistance to abrasion and its overall durability.
- Thanks to its legendary Delta C-Shape, the only still-patented kite design, this kite offers incomparable bar feeling, the best relaunching ability and exceptional stability.
- The impressive instant steering response offers precision flying with the best balance between ease of input and feedback impulses from the kite. This results into a very linear feel with zero stalling.
- Going upwind is easier and more comfortable than ever. This kite it will charge you back upwind after trying new tricks and jumps!
- Most Wanted for 16 years and still running, the BANDIT never fails to impress.
How to adjust the settings?
SHEETED IN The back line is released and the forces go through the front connector. The bar pressure increases and the maneuverability is less direct. It offers a very progressive bar with a feeling of a sheeted out back connector while we sheet in, therefore the pressure increases progressively.
SHEETED OUT The kite tilts and the back line stiffens. The tensions move to the trailing edge which has several effects: – less flapping – better start – maneuverability with less pressure.
HIGH TENSION TUNING When the kite is sheeted out with the upper knot tuning (1): -kite’s maneuverability increases -bar pressure reduces
LOW TENSION TUNING When the kite is sheeted in with the lower knot tuning (2): – kite’s maneuverability reduces – bar pressure increases
Stronger assembly of the panels: they are now glued and sewn together to make the canopy more rip resistant.
The leading edge tips benefit from a reduced diameter, they are streamlined to lower the drag and equipped with a strap to avoid bridle tangling
The kite’s struts are designed with a vertical cut in order to optimize the strength / diameter ratio.
Most seams on the leading edge are protected with an abrasion-resistant Kevlar® fabric to prevent the seams from deteriorating when the kite’s profile is subjected to aggressive ground friction
Easier to remove and put back.
Convenient for bladder replacement.
The Spider Bridle is a multi-point of connection well dispatched along the leading edge which offers a better control of the arc of the kite during the flight. The stability in all wind conditions is very impressive and pushes the high wind range to incredible limits.
The new, CNC-shaped, anodized aluminum low friction pulleys are super lightweight and increase the kite’s reactivity. They also raise the bridle’s resistance to abrasion and its overall durability.
DELTA C-SHAPE technology design offers unmatched stability and steering response when fully de-powered, with the possibility of connecting the front lines higher on the leading edge of the kite.
DELTA C-SHAPE is a patented design used by F-ONE on all kites for the past 15 years.
This shape was the result of a design research towards maximum optimization of the aerodynamic performances of the kite and of its depower. It gives the possibility to fit more canopy area in the middle sections to create more projected area while the C Shape makes sure the kite remains responsive and fluid.
Once the kite is sitting with the leading edge flat on the water, its C-Shape associated with the Delta Pivot allows the kite to automatically roll over onto one wing tip.
The kite will then glide towards the edge of the window, ready for quick and easy water re-launch.
Our fast inflation & deflation valve.
TECHNOFORCE™ of TEIJIN is a high density Polyester fabric with a tear stopping structure using thin and high tension yarn.
The R&D team worked intensively on making the entire profile amazingly sleek and implemented original staggered seams on the trailing edge. The seam’s tension line is thus broken, which means the entire profile of the canopy is leveled when the kite is fully powered, and we kept the fabric’s orientation towards tension as well. This all leads to a better-controlled and even deformation of the profile, and thus more efficiency and sharper performances. Overall, this perfectly uniform canopy profile brings an even greater sense of stability without feeling disturbances or the bar moving.