- This board was built around a wood core with glass reinforcement and carbon tapes for a better load transmission when loading up for the pop. This not only makes it incredibly durable, but it is also the secret to the smooth and controlled feel underfoot.
- The WTF?! board features a specific rocker line with a flatter section in the center to allow for early planing with increased rocker on the tips to keep those landings smooth and easy. The transition between the three stages of the rocker is key to the dynamics of edging and loading for the pop and reaching maximum amplitude.
- Every feature of the WTF?! has been built around not only giving the rider the most pop, but also making it easy to release it and control. The outline of the board is both versatile and comfortable. The board tips provide a huge platform for you to launch your tricks from, while also offering a stable landing area, no matter how hard you are coming in from a move.
- Inspired from our HRD rail design, the WTF?! uses thicker rails under the feet, offering maximum lift and balance while in the middle of the board. At the tips, the profile of the rail gets thinner for improved grip.
- The bottom of the board features a lot of shape details including a central V-double concave, step channels in the sides and tip channels. These improve the grip and the release of water from the board and help you with speed and control at all times while you are on the water. These channels also break the surface tension of the water, making the landings smoother and more manageable, even at high speed.
- The deck of the board is totally flat to provide a more consistent connection to the board for your bindings, no matter what brand you choose. This helps with control and makes it easy to get bindings that fit the board.
- Once you are on the water, you will notice the speed at which the board travels and how effortless it is to ride. Pop is gained easily, and no matter your speed or the state of the water, you can be assured of a good take off every time you load up the edge. Landings are smooth, and the WTF?! has been designed to help you nail all your tricks with higher consistency than ever before.
- The board is available in five sizes: 140×42.5cm, 138x42cm, 136×41.5cm in the Slim construction with a thinner core leading to better flex for riders of a small stature, and 130×38 cm and 127×37 cm for the Next Generation.
- All sizes come equipped with four UNIBOX 50mm fins, which offer better speed and improved glide thanks to their thinner profile.
DOUBLE CONCAVE STEP DESIGN
Double concave sections are designed to direct the water flow as much as possible so that when riding the concaves provide clearly superior grip. The water is directed out during the landings, making the touch-down smoother and more stable and avoiding unwanted bouncing and sliding effects. The side step emphasizes the double concave effects and further adds to the grip for better edging.
3D DECK STRUCTURE
Board flex is tuned through both materials and shape. The shape of the deck is especially engineered to make the board ultra-responsive between your legs for maximum drive and precision with the flex increasing progressively towards the tips for maximum pop and comfort.
It reduces the core’s volume and weight, and adds extra flexibility towards the tip of the board. Combined with the other deck features, this makes the board stiff in the middle sections but with a nice flex towards the tips, making the drive very precise with a smooth riding feeling and extra pop for the jumps.
The wood forms the heart of your board and gives it most of its mechanical properties: strength, flex, and resilience (ability to return to its original shape). In optimizing the wood thickness distribution, we always seek the best compromise between strength, stiffness, and weight to ensure you get the best of your board and maximum comfort.
The patented UNIBOX system and RESPONSE fins have a radical effect : the asymmetrical profile improves the general ride and early planing. However, it is the flex of the RESPONSE fins that gives amazing rail-grip as well as pop and forgiveness on heavy freestyle landings.