From Kiteboarding Closeouts:
The Ocean Rodeo Mako is amazingly different. Many freeride riders fall in love with this board and will not ride anything else. If you like to ride fast, jump high and play in the surf…then this is the board for you. It does not have the wake-style attributes that many boards have trended towards lately. This is a true “kite” board. The Mako King and larger size 150cm board have the option to be ridden in a “mutant” style as a directional. This makes the board incredibly versatile. It could be a great way to transition to riding in the surf or a surfboard. Board comes complete with pads/straps, handle and fins.
Since 2002, the Mako has enjoyed an unassailable reputation and cult following as the ultimate ‘real world’ twin tip.
Whether you ride it in short-fetch chop, the leeward shore of a lagoon or rolling ocean waves, the experience is the same: ultra smooth freeride performance.
What’s the secret? The deepest concave of any twin tip in production combined with rounded tips, down-turned rails and a perfectly tuned rocker line. The Mako delivers a powerful fluid carving experience and a dependable rail for stratospheric boosting.
Available in 4 different sizes, the Mako lineup offers Freeride enthusiasts of all backgrounds a board suited to their riding style and size while the wood core ensures your board will survive the rough and tumble coastal conditions this board is built to perform in.
The Mako 135 & 140 are ready to ride in conventional Twin Tip mode, while the 150 & 165 can be set up for Twin Tip or Mutant style riding.
Sizes: 135, 140, 150, 165
Mako Boards The most enduring kitesurf board, ever.
- Wood Core Construction! More durability with faster flex response.
- Duraclear top and bottom for extreme durability
- Tapered ABS rails to take the hits
- Massive 18mm Concave to smooth out chop and deliver hard carving performance.
- Rugged snowboard style construction
- Contoured 3D EVA foot pads and new adjustable straps.
- Mako 150 & 165 can be set up in Mutant or conventional Twin Tip mode, 135 and 140 offer only Twin Tip configuration
- Mako Twin Tip Freeride – 135×37 & 140×40
- Mako Twin Tip & Mutant Freeride – 150×40 &165×45
135 x 37 cm
140 x 40 cm
150 x 40 cm
165 x 44 cm